Subject: Vendor Visits #18 & 19
From: [email-masked] (jim chrzanowski)

TF/OH  BUNDLE UPDATE
Visit # 19
On Monday morning February 9, 1998 I visited Everson Electric Co.  to
inspect the progress of the TF bundle .  Everson has completed the Kapton
shield preparation between the lower outer TF electrical joints.  The work
is now moving to the upper electrical joint areas.

Preparation work is continuing on the OH  tension tube.  The OH coil
winding line has been set up and is awaiting installation of the Tension
tube.  Trial winding will begin on Friday February 13, 1998.   Tom Meighan
and myself will be on-site for the initial trial windings.

Visit#18
On Wednesday February 4, 1998 a group from PPPL and DOE visited Everson to
observe the NSTX activities and to tour their facilities.  The group
included:

        Masa Ono- NSTX Project Manager
        Tom Meighan- PPPL Engineering Rep.
        Rod Templon- PPPL Procurement Manager
        Jeff Hoy-  DOE-OFES
        John Sauter-DOE-OFES
        Greg Pitonak- DOE PPPL

        The group was able to inspect the TF bundle , and the OH coil
tension tube which was being prepared for the winding station.  Everson
provided a tour of their facilities and capabilities.

                                        Jim C.